Available for pre-order and in PDF now: The Gamemaster's Companion for Doctor Who Roleplaying Game.
So you're the Gamemaster now?
Sitting in the Gamemaster's chair can be the most daunting job in roleplaying games. It is also the most rewarding. This book is here to help you get the most out of the experience.
The Gamemaster's Companion is a resource for you to use to run the Doctor Who Roleplaying Game, offering expert advice on creating scenarios in the style of the Doctor’s adventures. It’s a veritable toolbox of tips, tricks and techniques that you can use in your own games.
You’ll be using flashbacks, starting games in media res and ending your next session with a killer cliffhanger before you know it!
• Starting out – how to set up a new game, and advice on guiding your players through effective character creation.
• Adventures – an advice-filled exploration of the role of the Gamemaster, detailing plotting adventures, detailed, expert guidance on writing story arcs, and a gigantic random adventure generator.
• Villains and Monsters – a TARDIS-full of hints and tips on creating memorable villains and effective adversaries for your games.
• Settings – how to create them and how to get your players onboard.
• Running Games - guidance for keeping everyone happy, busy and engaged, with notes on pacing, foreshadowing, exterminating characters, people, places, planets and impossible places.
• Three new Doctor Who adventures – Death in Toytown, The Grip of the Kraken and The Bellagio Imbroglio.
“Hello. anyway, why don’t we stop and have a nice little chat where I tell you all my plans and you can work out a way to stop me, I don’t think.” - The Master, Utopia
Written by Morgan Davie, Mark Lawford, Andrew Peregrine, Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan and Nathaniel Torson, the Gamemaster's Companion is a 160 page, full colour, hardcover.
Post by CountClockwise on Dec 5, 2016 18:21:39 GMT
I LOVE this product. I've literally only just got this but I've been waiting for this product ever since it existed as a mythical preorder on several RPG retail sites. This seems very in depth and I wish I had this before I started running the game I'm in now; oh well, it'll be there for next time
"It's Okay to be a giant sassy woman, but you don't have to be such a giant sassy woman about it"
Don't know why the admins/management don't give updates once and a while, even if it is to say it is delayed again. More updates on products would make me more incline to pre-order again in the future.